Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yesterday was one of those days of happy efficiency that doesn't have much interest for the wider world: I called my grandma, hung a mirror, did laundry, washed dishes, etc. Sometimes I think I should have a second blog to share my banal day-to-day life with the few family members and friends who actually want to hear about it and reserve this blog for exciting news and reflections on culture. Anyway, you'll be glad to know that my grandma was thrilled to receive a phone call.
Today I am attending a presentation on the main campus downtown by African Graduate Fellowship holders. There wasn't a great deal of information on the specific areas of research, but it promises to be interesting. Until then, I'm poring through webpages with information on EU law regarding discrimination in migration both for my law class and for my thesis research. Perusing EU pages makes me nostalgic.
Because I don't have anything life-changing to say, I thought I'd share this excellent short documentary on Cairo and the migration out from the core to the suburbs and the divisions it represents and causes. A friend of mine posted it on Facebook and I really enjoyed it.



News:
Palestinian unity talks in Cairo stalling
Hizbullah vows never to recognize Israel
Egyptian cleric issues fatwa saying that neighbors and family can force couples to divorce

No comments: