Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today I lunched with Ablavi for what is likely to be the last time in a long time. We joked with the waiter and chatted about what the future held over mediocre Egyptian fare from Felfela. Afterward, we exchanged photos from our day at the park and hung out on the sunny balcony. I left for law class which was followed by a seminar presentation by my Burundian friend Claudine who showed a documentary she created about one of the refugee camps she lived in as a child in Tanzania. It was excellent, but I didn't stick around for too long after because I wanted to get back to my building to hang out with Ablavi some more. She's one of the first people to be leaving that I've realized I'm really going to miss. Hopefully we'll be able to see each other again in Europe sometime this summer.
I've got a busy few days coming up with the Rotary medical caravan, a dinner with some of the people in the Gender & Women's Studies Institute at AUC, and a lot of work to be put into the rough draft of my thesis proposal. I am looking forward to spring break in Tunisia for sure!
I'll leave you with a video clip about the state of blogging in Iran. Egypt may not be overly kind to its bloggers all the time, but it's saintly compared to what the Iranian government has in mind.



News:
Alleged war criminal Bashir visits Cairo
Israel marks 30 years of peace with Egypt
"Muslim-Christian Understanding Crucial to Better US Relations with Muslim World"

No comments: