Saturday, May 23, 2009

I've become quite busy, hence the brief and less frequent updates. I've been running around doing touristy things with my guest. Yesterday we visited Cairo Tower after lunching in Zamalek. By night, we hit the Nile, attending the benefit cruise aimed at raising money for the Youth LEAD project. It was a lot of fun. There was Sudanese food, music, and lots of my friends and acquaintances from the refugee studies and refugee outreach and advocacy communities.
Today I had Yemeni food (including fasuliya), which was delicious and economic over at the aptly named Yemen Restaurant in Doqqi. Later on, my friend and I headed for Islamic Cairo and ended up at Al-Azhar park at sunset. Afterward, we had dinner there at the Citadel View restaurant. I'm back home trying to coax a few more pages out of my Migration and Development paper.

News:

No comments: