Sunday, April 26, 2009

  I know I have before apologized for including too much detail of my culinary adventures when more important things are afoot here in Egypt, but I must share that this evening, my friends and I went to the Thai restaurant at the Four Seasons in Giza.  Lai Thai has the best service I've experienced in Cairo, even better than that which is proffered by the attentive folks at Crave in Zamalek.  The food was delicious and not outrageously priced (by American standards).  I had the som tum I'd been craving for a while, a vegetarian entree, and coconut sticky rice with litchis for dessert.  Perfect!  And the company wasn't half bad either.  Afterward, four of the six of us diners continued on to Mohandaseen where we hung out at a café for a couple of hours.  It was great people watching made better because I was the only blue-eyed Westerner in the joint.  Alas, now I'm very tired from early morning chats with Egyptian and American friends and need to wrap up the entry before it's really begun.

News:
American journalist imprisoned in Iran goes on hunger strike (video):

No comments: