Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all of you. Needless to say, the holiday isn't as widely celebrated in Cairo (or in all of Ireland, for that matter) as in the States, but as a proud Irish-American and a relative of Michael Collins, it's still St Patty's Day to me.
Yesterday was notable only for good discussions and positive social interactions which probably fall into the category of the banal for many of my readers. Instead I'll note that in our Methodology course, our TA lead us in an interactive group activity in which we had a short amount of time to decided what was the most ethical way to act in a given field research-associated dilemma. It was a lot of fun and led to robust discussion on ethics and morality.
Otherwise, not much of note is going on. I'm working on making contacts in Europe for my thesis research and have found some promising leads. I may also try to find a month-long internship for the summer either in DC or in Europe.

News and Links:
Egypt to open "Bent" pyramid to the public for first time
The steady demise of downtown Cairo
An Egyptian policeman in Ma'adi

No comments: