Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello from Chicago

Instead of letting my blog lie completely fallow for the summer and inspired to think of my home away from home away from home by some tasty falafel I had at Sultan's Market in Chicago (where I'm visiting friends), I'm going to include a couple recent news stories coming out of Egypt. Over the course of the summer and especially when I return to Egypt, I plan to maintain my blog though it will transition from a project undertaken to keep Rotarians, friends, and family informed to something with a more general appeal. Stay tuned!

US Federal court reverses ban on progressive Islamic scholar
Murder of Egyptian woman in German courtroom leads to outcry
This article is from earlier in the month but bears reading. Find further background here.

No comments: